Charitable Giving Policy
Pine State Trading Co. supports many charitable and civic organizations, both with cash and in-kind contributions. We are committed to building ties within our communities with a specific focus on children, education and health. We make every effort to assist in programs and resources that support and enrich the families of our employees. If you are a philanthropic organization and desire to be considered for a donation, we ask that you first review the guidelines below.
Tax Exempt Status
Our policy is to focus our support on those organizations that have been recognized as tax exempt, not-for-profit organization, under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Although we do not limit our giving to local organizations, we do give preference to organizations supporting the local community, in the areas that we serve.
We Give Directly To Charities
We give preference to organizations which are dedicated to the following activities/goals (in no particular order below):
- Soup kitchens, or other programs designed to feed, house, clothe or directly assist the needy.
- Literacy, education and child development.
- Wellness and physical fitness.
Because we receive more requests than we can fund, Pine State Trading Co. generally does not offer support for the following types of requests:
- Individuals, including scholarships or travel expenses
- Political Organizations
- Religious Organizations
Donation Request Process
Donation requests must be submitted in writing and received at least three weeks in advanced. Requests will not be taken over the phone. Written requests should include the following:
- Contact name, address and phone number
- Brief description of your organization
- Purpose of the project
- Description of your request (cash or in-kind donation) and a brief explanation of how the donation will be used. If requesting in-kind donation, please include the amount or number needed.
- The outreach of your project. How many people are you expecting and what impact does it have on the community?
Send Donation Requests To:
Angela Bartlett at email@example.com
Pine State Trading Co. - Attn: Angela Bartlett - 100 Enterprise Avenue - Gardiner, ME 04345
Our Executive Leadership Team reviews all requests on a weekly basis and will contact applicants within 2 weeks.